Although not technically a “search engine,” YouTube is one of the most searched sites on the internet, second only to Google. Potential customers are searching video sharing sites in record numbers, over 2 billion per day, so if you want this traffic to visit your website, you’ve got to have quality promotional videos on these sites back linking to your own.
The average internet user spends 15 minutes a day watching online video. If a picture is worth 1000 words, what is a video worth to your site?
The search engines love video, and often rank them higher than other content in organic search results when properly keyword optimized.
When creating a promotional video for your business, it needs to be distributed to all the top video sharing sites, increasing your web presence, backlinks, and authority.
The Power of Video
Some of the advantages of video marketing include:
- Videos engage users more than other types of media and can hold their attention longer
- Video marketing presents an opportunity for viral marketing, which attracts hundreds or thousands to your business in a very short time period
- Video marketing has proven to be an effective means of creating desire in it’s viewers
- If given a choice, the majority of internet users prefer watching video over reading the same content online
- Videos engage emotions and cause viewers to feel attached to you and your business
- Videos let you show expertise in your field and increase your personal branding and credibility
One of the easiest and most effective formats to use is a short, one-minute promotional video with relevant pictures, keywords, background music, and a call to action. A great resource for this type of video which we use quite often is Animoto.
A personal interview type video for your website “about page” can also be very effective in establishing credibility and driving interest.
Many business owners are under the false impression they have to spend thousands of dollars on a full scale video production commercial for it to be worthwhile, but this is not the case. The quality of the production has nothing to do with it’s search engine ranking.
How is your business ranking on Youtube for your industry keywords?