If you want your local business or professional service to rank at the top of Google, you need to use multiple forms of media to get your message out.
Google and the other search engines love video, and when optimized properly, can rank extremely high in the organic rankings. But don’t forget the actual video search feature in Google.
If your business has multiple videos showing up in these results for your geo-targeted keywords, you raise your perception as the local authority in your industry, and will gain new customers from those who have found what you’re offering.
People do business with those whom they know, like, and trust. By utilizing video marketing, you are helping your customers to get to know you from the comfort of their own computer or smart phone. If they like what they see, they’re more likely to trust you since they can see you and your business. This in turn leads to increased sales, and repeat customers.
To speed up the process, you want your video to go viral, to be viewed by as many people as possible. Hubspot has put together a great list of qualities that can make your video go viral.
What’s Good About Online Video?
- It’s a great way to engage your readers/viewers. They want to know/see/hear you!
- Video is excellent for product reviews because you can show yourself using the product. Brands love this!
- It opens the doors to YouTube, which apparently is a whole different type of audience. Thus, it can widen your exposure and help you to gain followers that you might not have otherwise been able to influence.
What’s Bad About Online Video?
- Even if your video is viral and gets thousands upon thousands of views, it is difficult to gain subscribers. Many people visit YouTube to watch your video, but don’t think to subscribe to your channel. This can be frustrating and present various obstacles. Some people invite you to subscribe in the video itself … this can be a major win or a major bust, it all depends on how you do it.
What’s Ugly About Online Video?
- Like mentioned above, YouTube is a completely different social media platform than most of us are used to. The audience is typically younger (as in teenagers), and they are not so quick to interact.
- Of course, people tend to be uglier in their comments via social media because they don’t have to say it to your face. But as always, haters will be haters and there’s not much you can do about that except to ignore purposeless criticism.
The Creator Playbook is a tutorial offered by YouTube. It’s a great resource for learning how to maximize your exposure on YouTube and gain subscribers. So if you’re interested in delving into the world of online video – make sure to take advantage of that!
Here’s a quick promotional video we put together about Spears Marketing using the Animoto software.
Are you using video to grow your business?
What Say You?