Since the advent of the internet, email has become one of the most convenient methods of communication between business and consumer. Harnessing this technology for direct email marketing campaigns can lead to greater brand awareness, customer loyalty, and increased sales.
Simply put, an email marketing campaign is one or more emails sent to a group of recipients who have opted in to an email list. A timed or “drip” campaign will send out emails at regular intervals. This stream of timed emails is triggered by the specific action of each recipient – usually by the recipient “opting in” to a subscriber list. Email marketing campaigns are excellent because you are delivering your content directly to a customer who has already expressed interest in your product or service.
Small businesses are increasingly using email marketing to communicate with customers because of the many benefits:
- Saves Money – Sending communication to your customers through an email campaign is considerably cheaper than sending via traditional direct mail.
- Saves Time – An email marketing campaign can be compiled, tested, and implemented in a matter of hours, not days or weeks, freeing up your time to concentrate on other business activities.
- Builds Brand Awareness – Regular communication with your customers’ helps build brand and product awareness as well as enhance customer loyalty.
- Instant Response Tracking – Your email correspondence can be tracked to determine if and when it was opened, and which links were clicked on, helping you to gauge the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Instant Communication – Your e-newsletter is delivered instantly to the inbox of your customer, allowing direct communication with your target audience.
- Personal Touch – Each email sent can be individually personalized. Sending an e-newsletter to “Dear Mike,” reads much friendlier than sending to “Dear Sir,” or “Dear Customer.”
Email Marketing Plan
You’ll need to establish an efficient email campaign that creates a desired response. Your email campaigns can target existing customers who will benefit from your additional products and services. Campaigns can also target new or potential customers who sign up on your website or through a PPC campaign. In each communication, you provide them valuable information, and in return, they continue to use your product or service, and tell others about you.
Some of the most popular (and reputable) email marketing companies are:
- Convert Kit
- Constant Contact
- Get Response
- Vertical Response
- Mail Chimp
- Mad Mimi
Three of the major benefits of email marketing are top-of-mind awareness, customer loyalty, and repeat customers. Every email communication should have a call to action, drawing the recipients back to your website, or into your physical business location.
As your emails appear regularly in your customer’s inbox, you are building your business reputation, and your customers will view you as the expert in your field. Sending your subscriber list free information at regular intervals reminds them of your presence. If they find the information useful, they will forward it to friends and family, increasing your exposure and your leads. Inviting your customers to provide feedback increases their direct communication with you and can invite them into your social networking communities.
Are you currently employing email marketing in your business? If so, how are your results?