Every local business or professional service needs a quality website to improve their online presence, just as every blog needs a good top 10 list. In order to help your business meet the quality web presence criteria, I’ve created the Spears Marketing top 10 list of ways to improve your website traffic and online presence.
This is a small sampling of the many things that can be done to improve your web presence, but all are essential for traffic maximization.
1. Research your keywords before building or re-building your company website
2. Create compelling & relevant content utilizing your geo-targeted & business specific keywords
3. Stay away from flash in website design. The search engine spiders read HTML, not flash
4. Provide quality, relevant links within your own site
5. List your contact information on every page of your website in plain HTML
6. Engage your customers through blogging and other social media
7. Claim and update your business in the local search engine business lists
8. Submit your website to local business directories in your industry
9. Submit your business information to multiple social networking sites
10. Be consistent in your online and off-line branding
Ready to double your web traffic using these suggestions? How many of these steps have you started using?< ?strong>