As a local business, your website needs to appear on the first page of Google to attract new customers, and it must do so for the correct keywords that people are searching for. One of the best ways to optimize your online presence is through the use of Google Maps & Google Places.
The Google Maps “local 7 pack” appears at the top of many local searches in the main Google search results. Since these are the first results a user will see, it’s vital to show up at the top of these rankings. Want proof? Check out these statistics:
- 82% of local online searchers follow up via in-store visit, phone call, or purchase (comScore)
- 73% of online activity is related to local content (Google)
- 63% of Americans have substituted the internet and local search for phone books (comScore)
- 35% of all searches are local (DM News)
- 32% of people with smart phones conduct local search (Google)
In order to show up at the top of the local search results, you have to claim and optimize your Google Places listing. Google gives out a free listing to every business with a physical address. Have you claimed yours yet?
This is one of the best ways for your business to get found by local customers looking for the services you provide. It’s also the primary way that searches performed on the iphone, android, and other smart phones produce local search results.
Want to learn how to optimize your Google Places listing for best results? Click here to download our free guide to Google Places.
What Say You?